Not sure what to expect on your visit to Sibley Nature Center? Read below to find out!
Inside Sibley Nature Center
Sibley Nature Center is open to the public Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Parking and Admission is Free.
Inside the Sibley Nature Center, you will find many taxidermy exhibits of animals found in our region. While you might encounter some of these animals on the Sibley trail, others may be extinct or no longer found in this area of Texas.
In the Wildlife Viewing Area, sit and enjoy the view for a while! You will be able to see lots of bird activity and enjoy the flowers blooming in this beautiful natural environment. This area also features an observation bee colony where you can safely see what happens inside a hive. This colony is only active late spring through fall.
Also in the center, is a non-lending library of volumes related to the nature and history of the Llano Estacado, Edwards Plateau and Trans-Pecos regions of Texas. Guests are welcome to peruse books in the comfort of our library or request page copies for research purposes (fees may apply).
Guests are also welcome to inquire about our collections with the museum scientist and staff. A special viewing can be arranged of the insect collection, museum bird skin collection, comparative osteology collection or herbarium. Please contact Michael at (432) 684-6827 in advance of your visit.
To find accommodation nearby, visit
On the Sibley Nature Trail
Enjoy a beautiful day on the trails! The Sibley Nature Trails are open daily sunrise to sunset.
Here are some things you should know before you visit.
- Wear closed-toe shoes. The trail surface is decomposed granite and sand in some areas. Protect your feet with good, sturdy walking shoes.
- Be sure to wear sunscreen or protective clothing and insect repellant.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Sibley Nature Center is a natural area and various species call it home. Please be aware of your surroundings at all times. In the rare event you encounter a snake, calmly retreat and notify center staff. There is no need for alarm. If you encounter injured wildlife, please do not touch the animal and notify center staff as soon as possible.
- Bring water with you. Just in case, there is a water fountain inside Sibley Nature Center.
- Picnics are welcome! There are several shade structures throughout the property. Just be sure to properly dispose of your trash. You will find trash cans conveniently located at all shade structures along our trail.
- Bring your dogs! Animals must be leashed at all times to protect them and our wildlife, and please be sure to collect any waste.
- No Bicycles or Motorized Vehicles. Sibley Nature Center is actively restoring habitat. Any disturbance from vehicles can permanently ruin our efforts, and hinder other's enjoyment of wildlife.
- No firearms allowed. Please leave airsoft guns, paint guns and all other firearms at home. Sibley Nature Center strives to protect its 49-acre area and the wildlife that call it home.